Small groups = Fast progress
A group of just four students is one of the most effective and enjoyable language learning formats you can imagine.
The amount of individual attention you receive is obviously far higher than in a traditional group of 10, 12 or 15 students.
It is also the perfect format for pair-work and group discussion, where, again, I am able to monitor closely everything you say, and give individual feedback on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.
Is a Quartet course the right course for you?
If you answer ‘Yes’ to these questions, a ‘Quartet’ course is for you!
- Are you at Intermediate (B1) level or above?
- Do you want to be taught in a small group, and have a lot of individual attention?
- Are you prepared to work on your own for 6+ hours a week?
- Are you interested in taking one of the Cambridge exams?
- Do you enjoy using modern technology when working on your language skills?
We will use a coursebook – in an exam class, a book designed for exam candidates.
Language areas / skills covered in the course:
- Exam techniques
- Learning and self-study skills
Homework will be set on a regular basis:
- Exam questions
- Readings and Listenings
- Preparing talks, presentations, etc
- Research tasks / project work
There will be:
- ‘Mock’ testing after five weeks
- Regular progress tests
- A practice speaking test prior to the exam
- Certificates provided at the end of every course
|Autumn ‘18||Spring ‘19||Summer ‘19|
|Start: Mon 17 September||Start: Mon 14 January||Start: Mon 22 April|
|End: Fri 30 November||End: Fri 29 March||End: Fri 5 July|
|Half-term: 22 – 26 October||Half-term: 18 – 22 February||Half-term: 27 – 31 May|
Courses are 4 hours per week*
Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday
9.30 to 11.30 or 12.00 to 14.00
(days and time of class depends on level)
*plus minimum of 6 hours home study* ie total hours of study 10+
Fees: £550 for the term
(coursebook not included)
What you get
- 40 hours of lessons in a group of 4 students
- Access to a large range of self-study materials
- ‘Robcasts’ on learning strategies
- Membership of What’sApp and Quizlet groups
- End of course testing and certificate
- ‘Mock’ testing for the Cambridge exams
- Free registration through ELT for exams
- Discounted 1-1 lessons: £35 instead of £50
Other costs and charges
Course books (average): £30
Cambridge exams: from £127 – £162
- Email me – email@example.com – to express an interest in a ‘Quartet’ course. Please put ‘Quartets’ in the subject line.
- I will email you back with a form to send me, giving information about yourself.
- When I receive the form I will send you a test – you must have access to a PC or laptop, and be able to open an Excel file.
- You send me the test back
- I mark it, and let you know: your mark and what level you are in your grammar and vocabulary
- I will then arrange to interview you, either in person (if you are in London) or by phone (if you are in your country)
- I will then confirm your level, and if I have a suitable class for you.
- If you want to reserve a place you send me a £100 non-refundable deposit.
- I confirm your place.
- You pay the balance of your fees no later than two weeks before the start of the course.
|National Westminster Bank||Kensington Royal Garden||P.O.Box 2341, 55 Kensington High Street
London W8 5ZG
|Iban||Swift Number||Account Name||Sort Code||Account Number|
50 30 10 3126 0934
|NWBK GB 2L||English Language Training||50-30-10||3126 0934|
- Minimum age 18.
- ELT cannot guarantee that your place will be kept if you do not arrive by the date planned – enrolments may be cancelled if no contact is made within 5 days of the course starting date.
- The balance of fees due must be paid no less than two weeks before the start of the course otherwise we reserve the right to cancel the course. The course fees do not include the cost of books, which must be bought for each class.
- Fees are non-refundable and not transferable.
- Lessons will be re-arranged if there is a public holiday on a course date.
- ELT expects commitment from students. If a student’s attendance falls below 80% in any 4-week period (medical and extreme personal circumstances excluded) we reserve the right to cancel the course without refund of fees.
- Please note that we expect you to attend class, and we expect you to show respect to other students, and to the school. We also expect that you will act in accordance with UK law, and to behave in a reasonable way at all times.
- Course reservations are made on the basis of a student’s Level Test. If a student re-tests at a significantly different level ELT cannot guarantee that an alternative course will be available. We will try, however, to offer the option of other courses at the same value.
- ELT may cancel or close a class if there is an insufficient number of students. In this case fees will be reimbursed for any lessons paid for but not held.
- Students are not insured by ELT against illness, accident, theft or loss. Personal insurance is strongly recommended.
- I very much want my students to be happy with the teaching and the services provided by ELT. Please let me know at any stage if there is anything that you are not happy with.
- Finally please let me know if there is anything you do not understand in these Terms and Conditions!